How To Apply New Pan Card Online? An online application for a PAN card can be made on the NSDL website or UTIITSL website. Both these websites have been authorized by the government of India to issue the PAN, as well as to make changes or correction in a PAN Card online, on behalf of the Income Tax Department.
Online Application Form for the Permanent Account Number PAN Card Those Indian Citizen Are Interested to the Create a New Pan Card or Changes in Old Pan Card or Some Updates Can Read the Full Details and Apply Through Online.
HOW TO APPLY FOR PAN CARD ONLINE?
Here is a step-by-step guide that you can follow to apply for a new PAN card online or to request a new one in case you have lost your PAN card.
Step 1: Visit the official NSDL website.
Step 2: On the homepage, click on ‘Services’ and select the ‘PAN’ option. A new webpage will open on your screen.
Step 3: From the options given on the webpage, select one:
- Application for New PAN Card
- Application for Reprint of PAN Card
- Change/ Correction in PAN data
Step 4: A new page will appear on the screen, titled Online PAN application.
Step 5: Select the relevant type under Application type and Category fields (individual, company, trust, etc.)
Step 6: Fill in all the required details, like your name, date of birth, email address, mobile number, and then submit the form.
Step 7: On submitting the form, you will get a message indicating your token number and successful registration on the portal. Note that token number for future reference and click on ‘Continue with the PAN Application Form’ button.
Step 8: You will be redirected to the new page where you have to submit your digital e-KYC.
Step 9: Select if you need a physical PAN card or not and provide the last four digits of your Aadhaar number and other personal details as required.
Step 10: The last part of the form is the document submission and declaration. You need to select the mode of submission of your PAN application form.
Step 11: There are 3 modes available:
- Submit digitally through e-KYC & e-sign (Paperless)
- Submit scanned images through e-sign
- Forward application documents physically
Step 12: Select the relevant options for Proof of Identity, Address and Date of Birth, and then click on ‘Proceed to Continue’.
Step 13: Next, you will be redirected to the payment section. Make the payment, either through online modes (net banking/debit/credit card) or through demand draft.
Step 14: A payment receipt will be generated on successful payment. Click on ‘Continue’.
Step 15: Submit the application to get the Acknowledgement slip in PDF format, and check the status of your PAN using the 15 digits acknowledgement number generated. (Source: Muthoot Finance)
IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING PAN CARD
- PAN is used to file for Income Tax Returns (ITR), bank account opening, applying for a credit or debit card, international transactions, buying jewellery, investments, property, insurance payments and to avail other ID proofs.
- A copy of PAN is required in transactions exceeding Rs. 50,000, and in general during the purchase of expensive items such as a car, house, etc.
- PAN card is issued by the Income Tax department of India to stop tax evasion, by bringing transparency over each and every tax-paying entity.
- The PAN once generated will be valid throughout the country, for a lifetime.
- The Income Tax department strictly points out that there can be only one PAN card for one individual.
- The Income Tax department has recently added the instant PAN card function on their e-filing portal.
Who is Eligible to Apply for a PAN card?
Listed below are the people who are eligible to apply for a PAN card–
- Individuals who pay tax or are liable to pay tax
- Businessmen or self-employed professionals with an annual turnover of Rs. 5 lakh or more
- Registered associations, organizations, trusts
- Parents/guardians on behalf of their minors can also apply for a PAN card
- Individuals who are into import and export activities
- Indian residents, PIOs (Person of Indian origin), NRIs (Non-Residents of India), OCIs (Overseas Citizens of India), foreigners under the purview of the Income Tax Act of 1961.
The PAN(Permanent Account Number) Is one of the documents for Indian Citizen.All candidate who have registerd for the PAN,can track their PAN Card Status Online through the official website of PAN UTI/NSDL.On the Officail website of PAN you can make correction of PAN , Apply for the new PAN Card, Check PAN transaction Status, Make Correction Online by yourself and Update Your PAN Details Below.
Important Documents Required Before for Pan Card
- Voter Card
- Adhar Card
- Driving Licence
- Domicile Certificate issued by the Government
- Bank Account Statement
- Elector’s Photo Identity Card
- Card dispatch within India : Rs. 107
- dispatch outside India
(Foreign Address) : Rs. 989
PAN Card Correction Online
Your Permanent Account Number (PAN) is an extremely important document. You require this number not just to file your taxes and be able to remit large sums of money, but it also serves as identity proof. So, it goes without saying that incorrect information on your PAN card could lead to problems in the future.
How to Apply for PAN Card Correction Online
Here are the steps to follow to make changes to your PAN card:
- Visit NSDLor the UTIITSL portal
- Fill in the PAN Change Request Form online.
- Mention your PAN number correctly since an incorrect number will delay your change request.
- Make sure you select the checkbox next to the parameters that you wish to change.
- For example, if you are changing how your name is spelt, enter the correct spelling, and select the checkbox on the left margin.
- Note: If you do not select the checkbox, the change will not be made.
- Check all your details and submit the form.
- Once your changes have been confirmed, a 15-digit acknowledgement number will be displayed. Keep this number in handy since you will require it for further communication or to track your application status.
- Make the payment, take a print out of the acknowledgement, attach the required documents, and send it to:
- Income Tax PAN Services Unit (Managed by NSDL e-Governance Infrastructure Limited)
How to Check PAN Card Status by Name or DOB?
To check PAN card status by name or DOB, an applicant is required to perform the below-mentioned steps carefully-
- Visit the official website of Income Tax
- Locate ‘Verify your PAN’
- Enter PAN number, name, date of birth, mobile number
- Click on ‘Continue’
- Verify the details
- Enter OTP within 15 minutes (OTP remains valid for 15 minutes)
- Your PAN card status will appear on the next screen
How to make corrections/ update your details on PAN card?
Here is the step-wise online process to apply for correction/updation of your details on PAN card:
Step 1: Visit www.tin-nsdl.com portal. It is the official website of NSDL (National Securities Depository Ltd) E-Governance.
Step 2: Under the ‘Services’ tab, click on ‘PAN’.
Step 3: Click on the ‘Apply online’ tab on the left hand side bar and scroll down the page to ‘Change/ Correction in PAN data’.
Step 4: Click on ‘Apply’ under Change / Correction in PAN Data which will lead you to a form.
Step 5: Under the ‘Application Type’ dropdown menu, choose option ‘Changes or Correction in existing PAN data/Reprint of PAN Card (No changes in Existing PAN Data)’.
Step 6 – Under the ‘Category’ dropdown menu, choose the correct category of the assesse. For example, if the PAN is registered in your name, select ‘Individual’ from the list.
Step 7- Fill in your name, date of birth, email address, and mobile number.
Step 8- Enter the captcha code displayed and click on ‘Submit’.
Step 9- Your request will be registered and a token number will be sent to the email address you have given. You can then continue the process by clicking the button given below it.
Step 10 – When you proceed, you will be redirected to the form – there are three options to submit your documents, click on ‘Submit scanned images through e-Sign on NSDL e-gov’.
Step 11- Enter all the details – your father’s name, mother’s name (optional), your Aadhaar number and then click on ‘Next’.
Step 12- You will be redirected to a new page where you can update your address.
Step 13- Upload all the supporting documents such as proof of address, proof of age, proof of identity and PAN.
Step 14- You are required to sign the declaration and click on ‘Submit’.
Step 15- You will be redirected to the payment page. You have to pay the fee towards the correction or update of your PAN details which is Rs 110 if the communication address is located within the country and Rs 1,020 if the communication address is located in a different country. You can make the payment either through net banking or credit card or debit card.
Step 16- On successful payment, an acknowledgement slip will be generated on the screen. (Source:- MoneyLife)
How long time PAN Card Valid?
Once you have get Permanent Account Number (PAN) It will be valid for your entire life.Due to any cause you have to change your address ,PAN Card is not Affected by the change of your address.If you change the details that you provided in the PAN such as Name,date of birth ,you must have to inform income tax department for the change.On the Income tax department official website ,here are options ,for new pan card,or correction in PAN Data.
Some Important Posts
- IPL Retention list 2022 | Teams Players News & Rules
- 10 Benefits of Yoga in Hindi– History, health – योग के लाभ – इतिहास, स्वास्थ्य कल्याण और इसके प्रकार
- IPL 2022 Auction: Updated Date, Time, Venue check out now